Gimlet Drink Recipe
Nutrition Information† ‡
Serving size: 1 drink
- 1 1/2 oz. Gin
- 1 oz. Lime Juice
- 1 tsp. Sugar, powdered
How to Make It
- Add gin, lime juice and sugar to a cocktail shaker or mixing glass.
- Add ice cubes and stir well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and a stir stick.
- Many Gimlet recipes call for the use of lime cordial, particularly Rose's Lime Cordial. While early recipes traditionally use this, the original Rose's recipe has changed since then, now using high fructose corn syrup and other ingredients. Try experimenting with different combinations of cordial, lime juice and simple syrup, or lime juice and sugar as described here. They are all valid variations.
- If you make a Gimlet with cordial or simple syrup, you may want to shake the cocktail rather than stir it.
Comments on Gimlet
Oct 17th, 2009I make this with 2 oz of gin and 1/2 oz Stirrings Key Lime Syrup.
Write a comment
Did you try this drink recipe? Leave a comment!
Your favourites have been updated.
Thanks for rating the Gimlet recipe!