Sazerac Drink Recipe
Serving size: 1 drink
How to Make It
- Swirl a half teaspoon or so of absinthe in a chilled rocks glass to coat. Discard excess absinthe.
- Muddle the sugar and bitters together in a mixing tin with a few drops of water.
- Add rye and a handful of crushed ice or small ice cubes. Stir well for 30 seconds.
- Strain the drink into the absinthe-coated class.
- Twist a lemon peel over the drink to release the citrus oil, then add the peel as garnish.
This drink is a New Orleans favorite and is officially designated as Louisiana's state cocktail since 2008. If absinthe is unavailable you can substitute Pernod or other anise-flavored liqueurs.
Comments on Sazerac
Write a comment
Did you try this drink recipe? Leave a comment!