Yeah, that's something we say all the time too. Especially when the boss comes around and asks us to do something. Usually he says "You won't get fired", but sometimes he just hits us and puts the chains back on. We're thinking of maybe telling him how we feel.
But enough about us. You want to know why you should bother getting yet another username and password on yet another web site? Ok. Here's some reasons.
- Your favourite recipes can't get deleted - If you don't have an account, then you run the risk of deleting the recipes you've added to "your favourites", as well as any bar ingredients you've added to "your bar", whenever you delete your browser cookies. This can be a real pain, and is one of the primary reasons we've made it possible to get an account. Your selections will be stored safely in our database, and can't be accidentally deleted.
- Imperial to Metric conversions - You can save your recipe display preferences, and your settings will be saved. We do the conversions for you, so you don't have to memorize how many deciliters in a bushel. (It's 352.390702, but see, you don't have to know that anymore.)
- Find your submitted recipes - By associating any recipes you might submit with your account, it makes it easy for you to find them again. We put links right in your account page so you can show all your friends your recipes and get them to make them for you.
- Privacy - We don't care who you are, where you live, or if you prefer Mary-Kate over Ashley. The only thing you need to register with is a working email address. And heck, you can get those anywhere.
- All the cool kids do it - If that doesn't get you, then nothing will.
So, in summary:Click here to register!