Paloma Drink Recipe
Serving size: 1 drink
How to Make It
- Rim a highball glass with sea salt or kosher salt by first rubbing a lime wedge (or a piece of grapefruit) around the rim, then dipping it in the salt.
- Add tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice and simple syrup and stir well.
- Add ice to the glass and fill with sparkling water.
- Garnish with a lime wedge or a piece of grapefruit.
Preparation notes and Paloma variations
There's a lot of variety in Paloma recipes you can find. Experiment to see what you like best!
- Fresh ingredients are always your best bet. If you have access to fresh grapefruit juice you will get superior results over bottled or concentrated juice.
- Salting the rim is optional. If you don't like it that way, leave off the salt!
- Grapefruit soda is a good option that appears in common variations of the Paloma. It can be used either with, or instead of, grapefruit juice and can replace both the sparkling water and sugar syrup as well. Try just tequila, lime juice, and grapefruit soda in a pinch (don't forget the salt!)
- Mezcal instead of blanco (white) tequila can make an excellent variation with smokier flavour.
- Salt flakes can make a nice garnish to go with your lime or grapefruit wedges.